You Are Here: Home - All , Seri A - Lucio wants contract extension until 2014


Inter defender Lucio has asked his current club to show faith in his ability by extending his contract until 2014.

The former Italian and European champions are reported to be preparing only a one-year contract extension for the 33-year-old.

"I want to remain at Inter but with the condition that my contract is extended until June 2014." Lucio told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I trust in Inter, I'm sure that the club will build a team capable of winning everything again."

"But [president Massimo] Moratti has to trust me, not look at my date of birth. I still have such force and hunger for success.”

The Brazilian centre-back added: "These aren't strange requests. I just want a contract until 2014. My agent will surely reach agreement with the company about money."

Lucio, who left Bayern Munich in 2009 to join Inter, ruled out a move to Spanish outfit Malaga, stating that a transfer to a big club would be the only possibility if negotiations failed.

"I'm not going to Malaga,” he asserted. “I'm not looking for a good last contract and money. I want to win big trophies. I am convinced that we will find an agreement with Inter.

"If I did leave, I would go to another club that has the will to win the Champions League."


source: http://www.goal.com/
Tags: All , Seri A

0 comments

Leave a Reply